Wednesday, September 12, 2012
Dresden Plate Progress
I LOVE the Dresden plate block. It is fairly easy to do, but it is time consuming like no other block I have done.
It's my first template quilt (I typically like to stick to straight lines and easy math) and I am enjoying the process. It helps that I am using this tutorial from Sew Mama Sew. Above is block one of a total nine. Only eight more to go! The plates are all stitched together and I am slowing sewing them each onto their background square. I feel like I can see the light at the end of the Dresden tunnel.
Fabric: Kate Spain's Central Park on Kona White
P.S. Any recommendations for a NFL Cardinal's themed quilt that's been requested? I'm thinking of using the Cardinal licensed fabric for the backing and using the Cardinal's colors for the front inspiration. Thoughts?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Wow! Beautiful block...and tricky looking, too. That takes skill!
Post a Comment