For those of you familiar with quilting you'll understand the pun of having Quilter's block. Some quilt patterns are described as blocks that can either be pieced together to form a large quilt, or can be used on its own as a pillow or table runner. One of my favorites is the log cabin, but I am getting off track here.
Today, I've got Quilter's block, which is very similar to writer's block. I'm stuck. I can't decide how I want to proceed with one of my quilt projects.
Should I organize the blocks into rows and then add a complimenting colored row to elongate the quilt?
Should I add sashing around each of the blocks?
Should I just leave it without sashing?
Also, it doesn't help that I am a perfectionist and have this overwhelming desire to "not ruin it" by adding too much.
Help!
Saturday, September 22, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment