Friday, April 29, 2011

Blue, Green, and Yellow Double Hour Glass Quilt



I've done it again. I've pieced another quilt top before I finished hand-quilting the lattice twin quilt. Oh well, what can I say? I love to piece and struggle with the hand-quilting part. I'm starting to get the courage to buy a walking foot for my machine so that I can try machine quilting...



For now here is the debut of the double-hour glass quilt made from scraps. The scraps are from different collections that I've had long enough for me to forget where I bought them. I got the inspiration from the Cluck Cluck Sew blog. The tutorial is here (click). The designer uses white as the common solid and so a lot of other people who have tried it used white as well. I decided to be different and use brown (I know, I'm such a rebel - strong hint of sarcasm). It's a fun quilt, but if you're a perfectionist, this method is hard to have all of the corners match up. Overall, it is one of my favorites. Hopefully the person I have it in mind for will love it as well.


P.S. Sorry for the cell phone picture. It's all that I've got for now.






4 comments:

Alan said...

It's awesome! I love the pattern. And the brown.

Allison said...

I agree with Alan...it looks awesome! Thanks for showing me and stopping by - Allison

Nan2Jenna said...

It is even more beautiful in real life. Congratulations! Maybe you mom needs to volunteer to hand quilt one of your projects for you, hint, hint.

Karolyn said...

looks awesome Kate! You are such a good quilter!