Saturday, September 8, 2012

12 Days of Christmas - Kate Spain Quilt


My 12 Days of Christmas quilt top is finished!  The fabric is from Kate Spain's 12 Days of Christmas collection.  The numbered squares came from a panel that I feel in love with.  The border fabric comes from the same collection and two fat quarters I found at JoAnn Fabrics.  To break up the red and green I pulled out the light blue that is used in some of the squares as an accent color.  Turned out great, no?  It's off at the shop to get quilted by some lovely ladies at the Cutting Edge Quilt Shop.

Now, I can officially sing the Twelves Days of Christmas without forgetting that it's 12 drummers drumming instead of 12 lords a leaping.

Plus, Justus got to use the camera and decided he needed a picture of me.  Naturally, I obliged with a goofy smile.  Love you, Justus!


2 comments:

Sarah-Beth said...

Congratulations! Beautiful! And great choice to have it quilted. Now I certainly hope this is a quilt you are planning to keep and not to give away!

By the way, I also like seeing your two bare feet. What slender ankles!

Karolyn said...

Looks great Kate!