Thursday, September 6, 2012

Bill Collectors

Dear Isabel Medina,

We haven't met, but I feel like I know you in many ways.  We even have something in common: a phone number.  Since Verizon gave me your old phone number in April 2011, I have fielded several calls a month for people trying to reach you.  I try to be courteous, especially when there's a real person on the other side of the line.  Lately, however, I have fieled some heated and threatening phone calls from bill collectors.  Most are genuinely nice and tell me they've removed the phone number.  Today, however, I had to listen to someone yell at me until they finally stopped and decided that I wasn't you.

Would you do me a favor and either pay your bills, or let me know of how they can reach you?

Thanks,
Kate

P.S. Sorry few friends who still follow/read/visit the blog.  Just needed to vent a little.

1 comment:

Alan said...

Oh man that is always interesting to learn about people who had your phone number or address before you.

I solved the phone problem by giving my old phone number (from 2004-2008) to my little brother, so he still forwards me texts sometimes.

Our address used to be a lady with a guys name (I think she died), so we get lots of senior health and life insurance advertisements.