Telegraph Pass on South Mountain in Phoenix, Arizona holds precious memories for both of us. I grew up hiking and running the trail throughout middle and high school. With a pack full of flour I practiced for my backpacking trip (4th Year Hike of Girls Camp) on the same trail. Last, but certainly not the least, at the top of the trail is where Justus proposed (and I, of course, accepted).
We have not made it back to the trail since our engagement. It's relatively close to Chandler and since it's close to my childhood home, it's great to have the excuse to see my mom, Sarah and Ryan. However, one thing has kept me from going to the trail: my father's accident. His accident took place on the road you take to access Telegraph Pass just seven months after Justus and I married.
Time passed and we decied to celebrate our 4th wedding anniversary by hiking the trail. It was worth it and I am so glad we went.
It was fairly hot (late morning in June) and so we didn't make it to the ramada. Oh well, maybe next time :)
Thursday, September 6, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
I am happy to know you faced some painful memories and climbed that mountain, both literally and figuratively. Places, songs, and even aromas can trigger waves of emotions and memories. You are not alone. I avoid that road, too. Dad would be happy to know you are enjoying life and finding your own bliss. He would be proud of you, as always.
Post a Comment