The Gunther household is shifting into training mode. We've decided to train for and hopefully run a marathon. We're hoping to run one of the many that are available in AZ during the months of January and February. To help keep us motivated, I'll occasionally provide updates on our progress and maybe even include our statistics on charts and graphs. I know that you are all super excited to read all of this (hint of sarcasm), but we're wanting to keep this "exciting" for us. Maybe I'll even post a poll for which marathon we should run! It will be kind of like "Who's Line is it Anyways?", where the points (in this case votes) don't matter.
Justus got the inspiration from a PBS/Nova study where they took couch potatoes and trained them to run a full marathon in 10 months. The link for more information is: http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/marathon/calendar.html
Week One Summary:
This week we started out pretty strong. We completed all of the required training! However, I learned that I am really out of shape and my endurance is slim to nothing. No injuries, just sore muscles. Justus and I are enjoying the extra time that we have together, especially when it's slow enough of a workout for good conversation.
Friday, April 9, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Good luck! I am so impressed with people that actually accomplish this!
Very proud of you! Keep posting--it'll help keep you motivated. I may train vicariously through you!
Post a Comment