Thursday, April 29, 2010

Gunther Marathon Training Part 4

Report:
In December Justus was hit while riding his bike. Luckily, he received no major injuries (due mostly to the fact he was wearing his helmet and two sister missionaries). However, he suffered some severely strained muscles, including those surrounding one of his ankles. He wore a brace for a while, but choose to take it off when he felt it was starting to "favor" his ankle too much. Now that we've started our training, his ankle is sore and not cooperating. Justus continues to ride his bike to school (26 miles every school day) and I am running (following the training program). He'll take it easy on the new ankle and is doing some ankle "strengthening" exercises.

One of the many lessons learned this week: Kate needs to run in the mornings. I find that if I don't run in the mornings, I let work or my other commitments drain me, leaving little motivation to run in the evenings. Like right now, I'd rather blog than do my 30 minutes of cross-training.

Also wanted to thank you all for the support you give us! Every little bit of motivation goes a long way!

No comments: