
http://wondertime.go.com/create-and-play/article/nest-quest.html
Last night the Cub Scouts enjoyed making this project. It is an onion sack filled with different nesting materials for birds. Apparently, the birds can pick between the holes and pull out items to use to build their nests. Some of the items include:
- stuffing
- hay
- small sections of string or yarn
- hair
- small strips of cloth
I did not get a chance to make one myself, but I am curious to see if any of my scouts see some results. I thought some of you might enjoy doing it yourself!
By the way, I am technically released from my cub scout calling, but the person who was called to replace me, is unable to start until mid March. Since the Primary Second Counselor (now me) is responsible for Scouting, I get to continue to have fun with the Scouts for a few more weeks!
1 comment:
Your creativity never ceases to amaze me! Great project!
Post a Comment