Sunday, November 18, 2012

Skip's Scramble Quilt Finished

While watching the second season of The Office last night, I finished binding the Skip's Scramble quilt.  Among other things, Justus and I have decided that buying The Office on dvd was one of our best investments.  Our apartment complex includes cable in our rent and there's no way to "cancel" it or else we would be doing something like Netflix.  As a result, we watch most of our favorite television series on dvd (to avoid commercials).


I love that with binding, I can sit in front of the television and enjoy an episode or two (or even three).  I usually start my quilts by cutting all of the fabric while watching a movie or tv, or listening to some music.  (I think I just love "being productive" while doing something unproductive - they cancel each other out, right?).


I'm very excited to give this quilt to my co-worker who is a die hard Arizona Cardinals fan.  Justus thinks I should tell him about the "eggs and bacon" (see previous post here), but I'm afraid it will ruin his perception of the quilt.  I had the talented quilters over at The Cutting Edge long arm quilt this one with a pattern called "sprung."  The lady in the shop thought that was very fitting as the Cardinals seem to need an extra spring in their step.

1 comment:

Onesassquilter said...

This looks great! I love the quilting, too. How much do they charge?

So nice to meet you and chat for a bit on Saturday!