The other day, I splurgged on some fabric (I know, BIG surprise - sarcasm). One of my favorite online shops offers "mystery bags" of scraps for $7.00. It's not the best price, but for $7.00, it makes it pretty easy to impulse buy. The result was lots of fabric strips featuring a few Robert Kaufman favorites. The pear fabric and the pale green fabric were some of the treasures. With the help of a few stash fabrics, I was able to make the blocks from one of my favorite blogger's books.
The Practical Guide to Patchwork by Elizabeth Hartman (see book here) is great. I bought mine from Amazon.com for half price during a sale. It's a little below my skill level as it is geared towards beginners without any knowledge of quilting. However, each project is beautiful. This one was quick and easy through the use of sewing long strips together and then rotary cutting them into smaller blocks.

1 comment:
I love this one! Great fabric and good block choice.
Post a Comment