For the past four plus years, Justus and I have lived in the same apartment complex. For our church ward, and a lot of young couples, this concept was shocking. Our ward had six apartment complexes in it and was considered experts at moving furniture. Now we are being forced to "move" along with other ward members as the Stake announced boundary changes on Sunday.
The immediate emotion was shock. We had our primary program the previous Sunday, which was fantastic, and I was making preparations for the Ward Trunk or Treat. Including some indulgence into the mustache craze, by creating at "take a mustache, leave a mustache" jar. I crack myself up sometimes...
I love our ward and the Del Rio Building we met in each Sunday. When I was little, my family attended the same building. I was a Sunbeam in the same room I served as Primary President. The building also holds a few memories of my father, mostly glimpses of him in Boy Scout uniform, or of the times I acted up in church.
The ward was also awesome. In this ward I became Sister Gunther and President Gunther. Wisdom teeth were removed and I grieved the loss of my dad. This ward provided much love and support as Justus and I faced our own little trials. Isn't that what every ward is supposed to feel like? We considered ourselves very lucky.
When I lost my Dad I desperately wanted it to go back to normal. A good friend told me that it would never be the same again and that a new normal would take its place. The same is with the ward boundary changes; there will be a new normal full of new people and adventures. The church is true wherever you go!
Friday, October 5, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment