Sunday, July 17, 2011

The Misadventures of Lake Powell?





This year was an irregular year for the Hickman Family reunion at Lake Powell. We hit a few major speed bumps (houseboat repairs) and were unable to leave Antelope Point Marina. However, we did our best to have the "come what may" attitude. We still enjoyed riding the "hot-dog" (formerly the banana), knee-boarding, and wake-boarding the channel. Since we were at the marina, we also enjoyed exploring Upper Antelope Canyon and Horseshoe Bend. Great locations for photographs, but not so good if you're claustrophobic or afraid of heights (there's no railing at Horseshoe Bend, you have to be careful with how far out you go).
We also more clearly defined the term "wiva" (wiva = wake-board diva), a term that is completely gender neutral. I'll have another post later that will list some of the characteristics of a wiva. Feel free to comment with any suggestions.

Sadly, I would always forget to bring my camera on our ski boats and so I don't have as many pictures as I would like to have. Maybe next year?
Also, hopefully Justus' schedule will allow him to come with my next year. It was hard to be apart for a few days, but it helps me appreciate what others go through who have to be separated from their spouse for much longer periods of time.
I love Lake Powell and always will.