Saturday, July 3, 2010

Gunther Marathon Training Part 13


To no one's surprise, it is just HOT here in Arizona. We've been above 110 degrees for most the week. For the next two or three months the motivation to run outside will be a little bit lower than usual. Right now I think I would rather face the cold than the heat...

Got this photo from a FWD email, sorry I can't name the source!

Anyways, I'm starting to get to the point where I'm running for about 45 minutes at a time. I've been pretty strict with how I choose to do my runs. I don't use an i-pod, and when I rarely run inside I don't let myself watch tv. I've tried to have different songs run through my head, but I usually get stuck on one song which then plays over and over again in my mind. Thinking about primary, work, or family usually can take up a bit of my time, but somehow my mind goes blank about halfway through and all I can think about is "how far it is to the next street?" Any other suggestions of what I can do with my mind during my runs? At this point, I think I might go crazy in mind when I run the full marathon! :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Other. Podcasts.

Also.
I love you!