Sunday, July 11, 2010

Gunther Marathon Training Part 14

Another week of marathon training has come and gone. During the week my runs are now around 40-45 minutes and then my long runs on Saturdays are based on mileage. I surprised myself yesterday on my 6.5 mile run. Our apartment complex is right next to the freeway and so the streets surrounding our apartment are pretty busy. As a result, I end up jogging in place until I can safely cross the intersections with the pedestrian signal. Yesterday I ended up having to stop at every single light. The surprise was not that I had to stop at every light, but that as a result I ran/jogged for over an hour and a half without stopping. I still can't even believe it myself.

2 comments:

Karolyn said...

Good job Kate! You're doing awesome!!!

Unknown said...

You are amazing. I'm so inspired!