As many of you know, Justus was in a minor bicycle accident last Friday. He was riding his bike home from taking a final when a car clipped the back of his bike. No worries, Justus only sufferred minor injuries (strained muscles, road rash, and a bad ankle). He said that he felt like he had been hit by a truck (which he had, a pick-up truck). Each time we told the story to people (especially medical professionals and the lawyers at my office), they all would exclaim that Justus was "lucky." He truly was lucky and I count myself very blessed.
Tomorrow marks the one year anniversary to my dad's bicycle accident and death. It was hard to receive the news about Justus, as all of the panic for Justus and the memories of Dad's accident kicked in. It was a rough time for all involved, but I am so grateful for the Plan of Salvation and for the opportunity that I have to be with my family forever. I know that families can be together forever and have felt the amazing sealing power. I love both my husband and my father very much. It's a strong reminder to constantly express how much you love your family and friends. I love you all!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Kate-
oh how I love the knowledge that we have the Gospel in our lives...what strength & courage it gives to us. The Plan of Salvation & the temples-what a joyful reminder we have daily of our Heavenly Father's plan for us... Tell Justus hello for us & we hope ya'll are doing swell & getting ready for Christmas...
Wow. So glad Justus is ok. I didn't know that about your father. I'm so sorry sweetheart.
Post a Comment