Saturday, August 15, 2009

Sewing Table!!!

Justus and I enjoy scouting out our local Goodwill for great deals.  To escape some of the heat we ventured out on Monday.  To our surprise we found five different sewing tables in various conditions.  They were all priced between 25 and 50 dollars depending upon the quality of the table and if a machine was included.  I have been casually searching for a nice sewing table and I found that I liked two of the tables.  Since the following Saturday would be the 50% Saturday at the Goodwill we decided to wait until Saturday and if one of them was available we would get it.  We arrived at 8:57 AM to find a huge crowd waiting outside waiting for Goodwill to open minutes later.  I was pleasantly surprised to find that both of the tables that I liked were available and for 50% of the listed price we couldn't resist!  For 24.99 I got this beautiful sewing table complete with a Belvedere sewing machine from perhaps the late 1960's (I still need to do some research).   There is some work and repairs required, but most of the exterior marks and scrapes have been cleaned up with a little elbow grease and help from Murphy's wood cleaner.  As you can probably tell, I'm very excited about my find!!!!









1 comment:

Maggie & Nate said...

Kate~ You both are so good at finding deals! I love the look of the sewing machine and it just looks Victorian. :0)
Good Find!