I had a great time at Girls Camp with the YW of my ward! I was the ward food specialist, basically, the camp cook. My hands didn't get tired from the cooking, only the continuous french braiding.
The girls had a great time camping in the tents, but did not enjoy the below freezing temperatures at night. One night, the girls decided that they would warm some rocks by the fire and then put them in their sleeping bags after wrapping them in towells. It sounded like a great idea until an odd burning smell escaped from their tents. Sadly one towell did not survive, after two large holes destroyed it. Luckily, they have these wonderful little heat packets that work wonders on cold toes.
I loved being able to see the girls having so much fun and being kind to each other. They cheered each other on and never said anything negative.
The camp theme was about missionary work. Each ward was assigned a different country with our ward being assigned Mexico. Our camp director put together a wonderful skit based upon a Dora the Explorer episode. The girls had lots of fun with it and so did the audience. One of the counselors in our Bishopric commented that he was told that we had the best skit at Girls Camp.
1 comment:
That looks so much fun! I miss young womens! love ya!
Post a Comment