I know that I've posted a bit about this on Facebook, but wanted to share more here. Over the past several years I've earned a few nicknames. Each of them reflect a different time or project, or even person's favorite nickname.
For example, "GG", stands for Granola Girl, which comes from one of my electrical contractors. It came out of a conversation about how Justus and I love to camp and therefore I must be a "granola."
"The Devil Woman" came from a client's Safety Manager (and was completely sarcastic). Consequently, "The Devil Woman" later turned into "El Diablo."
"Fognozzle" is actually a part of a mechanical / plumbing system and is one Superintendent "K" loves to call me.
"Terrier" comes from my supervisor, who compares me to a terrier because I'll yip until something gets done.
"Huckleberry" is one that came from Superintendent "G" and I am very humble to have this nickname. To be one’s huckleberry — usually as the phrase I’m your huckleberry — is to be just the right person for a given job, or a willing executor of some commission.
In other news, I've recently been given my own office and to help decorate it, one of the people in my office created the subway poster above. I love it. Now to find the perfect frame...
Tuesday, June 11, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
That is awesome! The poster will make a great decoration and be an awesome conversation starter :)
Post a Comment