As an introduction to this post, I merely want to document some of the happenings in our lives and so this is in no way intended to be a "my husband is awesome" post. Although, I think he is VERY awesome.
This past weekend, Justus headed out early to join a group at Veteran's Oasis Park. One of the scouters in our ward organized a service project to fill in a half mile long ditch with dirt. It was hard work, full of shoveling and back bending.
You can see Justus in the picture below, in the far right hand corner, he's the one with a Camelback on his back.
Happy faces of volunteers (Justus in on the back row, right side)
Justus always makes the effort to go and participate at all of our ward's Eagle Projects. Sometimes I wonder why he goes out of his way, pushing off homework and lesson preparations. Then I remember that this is one of the reasons I fell in love with him. He loves to serve those around him without a second thought. I am grateful for his example of service.


No comments:
Post a Comment