It is very polite for people in social gatherings to ask "what have you been up to lately?" While it is very nice of people to ask and be genuinely interested, I am often puzzled as how to answer. Ummm, nothing much... It's no secret that Justus and I are "home bodies." We tend to jokingly describe ourselves as "boring."
So today I took a few moments and brainstormed a few responses to "save" for the next social gathering:
- Justus bought some new wheels and tires for his bike. He continues to enjoy riding his bike to school and for exercise on his days off. Recently he's been "building" wheels and is quite good at it. If you need help with bicycles, give Justus a call.
- Justus survived another round of mid-terms last week. We're hoping that we'll be able to say, "no more mid-terms" in the near future.
- I started a new quilt blog and am participating in a quilt group. It's a wonderful group of ladies.
- I finished one of my first solo projects at work this past month. It was crazy, stressful, and wonderful all at the same time.
- Our church had a cooking contest, a friendly competition of taste tests and trash talk. Justus is an excellent cook, but the event conflicted with a huge week of mid-terms and projects at school. Instead our family supported the event by "bedazzling" an apron for the winner.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment