One of my friends said it best:
"RAGNAR: 200 miles, 2 days, NO sleep, ALL awesome"
Two weeks ago, myself and 11 other women ran over 200 miles as a team. We each had three legs of the relay race from Wickenburg, AZ to Tempe, AZ. My three legs added up to a little over 14 miles and it was so intimidating! I was anxious and nearly sick to my stomach the days preceding the race. My goals were to finish and to keep my pace through out the race. I am very happy to report that I kept my pace through out the whole race. The entire experience was amazing (well maybe except the fact that no one really slept for 36+ hours - adrenaline is wonderful). I thoroughly enjoyed the bonding in Van 2 and each of my team members will hold a special place in my heart always. I hope to participate in a race like this again soon! Ragnar SoCal, anyone?
By the way, I think the lady behind me is checking out my awesome farmer's tan. Wouldn't you agree?
2 comments:
Been waiting for you to post about your big race. So proud of you!
Love this picture Kate! I never got one of me with my medal on at the end of the race. Oh well... :) I ate half a can of BBQ pringles today and I thought of you and Sheri! Fun times! :)
Post a Comment