Wednesday, December 29, 2010

The New "Normal"

The week of Christmas is a hard week for me, but that's not the way it's always been. I remember being really excited for Christmas and time with my family. My parents always made a point of making Christmas "big" and full of traditions. One of my favorite traditions was picking out/shopping for Christmas dresses with my Dad. His sisters would often tease him about how much he enjoyed taking his daughters shopping for dresses. A few nights before his accident, Dad was able to take us Christmas dress shopping one last time. We had a record evening with only having to go to one store in one hour. When we picked out my dress I had no idea it would be the dress I would wear to his funeral. I've grown to dread this time of year, missing him the most between the 20th and New Years. The new "normal" is easier to embrace other times of the year and I'm slowly starting to enjoy Christmas again. I wanted to thank everyone for all of their support and love they've given me. I'm so grateful for the atonement and the blessings of the temple. I know that families can be together forever. Merry Belated Christmas! All my love :)

No comments: