Monday, November 1, 2010

Scarlet's Quilt





Say hello to one of my latest quilting projects. I made this baby quilt for one of my new nieces, Scarlet. The bright and cheery colors of the fabric are awesome! Justus was tempted many times to hide this quilt because he said it was too beautiful to give away. Don't worry, the quilt left Arizona on Saturday to be delivered to Scarlet (along with hugs and kisses from Aunt Katie-Kate). In case you are curious, I bought all of my fabric from Joann's and used a pattern called "Paper Chains" from QuickQuilt's Winter 2009 magazine. I added red flannel as the backing for extra coziness (as you can imagine, living in Phoenix does not motivate me to use flannel in my quilts).

4 comments:

Maggie & Nate said...

Katie Kate
Beautiful quilt!!!
how I love it~

Karolyn said...

Kate-I love it! It is so pretty! Way to go!

Lisa said...

If you think it's amazing in the pictures, you should see it in person :). Kate, it is perfect. I love it. Your work is so impressive. And I know when Scarlet is old enough to appreciate it, she will adore it as well. Thank you so much. You are the best Katie-Kate a little niece could have. Love you!

Unknown said...

I love everything that you have anything to do with. SO MUCH!